Kamil History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kamil family
The surname Kamil was first found in Bohemia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Kamil family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kamil research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1861 is included under the topic Early Kamil History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kamil Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kammel, Kammerl, Kammell, Kamell, Kamel, Camel, Cammel and many more.
Early Notables of the Kamil family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kamil Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kamil migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kamil Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Moritz Kamil, aged 32, who arrived in New York, NY in 1900 
- Rubin Kamil, who landed in Alabama in 1919 
- Jacob Kamil, who landed in Alabama in 1919 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kamil (post 1700) +
- Susan Laurie Kamil (1949-2019), American publisher and editor-in-chief of the Random House Publishing Group
- Kamil Kuczynski (b. 1985), Polish cyclist at the 2008 and 2010 Summer Olympics
- Kamil Kreps (b. 1984), Czech professional ice hockey player
- Kamil Kuzma (b. 1988), Slovak footballer
- Kamil Wenger (b. 1991), Polish footballer
- Kamil Ulman (b. 1983), Polish footballer
- Kamil Vankat, Actor
- Kamil Hasan, American Democratic Party politician, Member of Democratic National Committee from California, 2008; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2008 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 3) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html