100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Just family come from? What is the German Just family crest and coat of arms? When did the Just family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Just family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Just, Juste, Justa, Justen, Juster, Justmann, Justenberg, Justet, Justi, Justingen and many more.
First found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Just research. Another 231 words(16 lines of text) covering the years 1594 and 1790 are included under the topic Early Just History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Just Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Just Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Robert Just, who landed in Virginia in 1654
- Tho Just, who landed in Virginia in 1663
Just Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Just, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1763
- J August Just, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773
- Friedrich Just, who landed in America in 1778
- Conrad Just, who arrived in America in 1783
Just Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Just, who landed in Charleston, South Carolina in 1808
- Carl Just, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849
- Dorothea Just, aged 45, landed in America in 1839
- Samuel Just, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1844
- Joh Georg Heinr Just, who landed in Texas in 1845
Just Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Charles De Just, who landed in Canada in 1611
Just Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Elizabeth Ann Just, aged 18, a domestic servant, arrived in South Australia in 1859 aboard the ship "North"
Just Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Sarah Just, aged 15, a domestic servant, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Mariner" in 1849
- Emma Just, aged 21, a domestic servant, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Mariner" in 1849
- Ward Just (b. 1935), American writer
- Joseph Erwin Just (1916-2003), American Major League Baseball player
- Ernest Just (1883-1941), African-American biologist who is noted for his contributions to marine biology
- Florian Just (b. 1982), German pair skater
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
The Just Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Just Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 June 2015 at 20:39.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!