Jauch History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Jauch family
The surname Jauch was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Hainault, a province in Belgium, based on the ancient county of Hainaut. Within this province the notable towns are Mons, the capital city, Charleroi, Tournai, Soignies and Thuin. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Jauch family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jauch research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1626, 1688 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Jauch History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jauch Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jausse, Jauche, Jausses, Jause, Jauches, Jauchs, Jausses, Jauuse, Jaause, Jaussez and many more.
Early Notables of the Jauch family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Jauch Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jauch migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jauch Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Agathe Jauch, who settled in America in 1702
- Johannes Jauch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Andreas Jauch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752 
- Christian Jauch, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Joh Conrad Jauch, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Jauch Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Andreas Jauch, who settled in America in 1849
- Caroline Jauch, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Anna Jauch, who arrived in North America in 1867
Jauch Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Elsie Jauch, who arrived in New York, NY in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Jauch (post 1700)
- Ray Jauch (b. 1938), American former coach in the Canadian Football League
- Joseph Jauch, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Ohio, 1928 
- Günther Johannes Jauch (b. 1956), German television host
- Aletha Jauch Solter PhD (b. 1945), Swiss-born, American developmental psychologist, best known for her book The Aware Baby
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html