Jara History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Jara family
The surname Jara was first found in Navarre, one of the medieval Christian kingdoms of northern Spain.
Early History of the Jara family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jara research. Another 202 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1516 and 1754 are included under the topic Early Jara History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jara Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jara, Jarra and others.
Early Notables of the Jara family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Jara Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Jara is the 6,751st most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
Jara migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jara Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Diego DeLa Jara, who settled in America in 1513
- Antonio DeLa Jara, who arrived in Venezuela in 1534
- Juana de la Jara, who settled in New Spain in 1564
- Francisco Jara, who arrived in Honduras in 1588
Jara Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego DeLa Jara, who arrived in America in 1813 
- Antonio DeLa Jara, who landed in Venezuela in 1834 
- Javier Jara, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Jara (post 1700) +
- Guillermo Jara (b. 1973), North American league pro-soccer player
- Victor Jara (1932-1973), Chilean folk singer, known for using his songs as a voice for Chile's poor working class
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)