Jablonski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Jablonski surname is derived from the root "jablon," meaning "apple tree." No doubt it was originally used as a surname for someone who lived near an apple tree or orchard. It is also possible that in some instances, the Jablonski surname was derived from the town of Jablonowo near Mlawa.
Early Origins of the Jablonski family
The surname Jablonski was first found in East Prussia and Pomerelna, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. The Jablonski surname was born by five Polish noble families who were septs of the clans Boncza, Dabrowa, Jasienczyk, Samson, and Topor. Nobles bearing this name first appear in records around 1454 at Kiew and Varsoive.
Early History of the Jablonski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Jablonski research. Another 172 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1708, 1727, 1634, 1702, 1660, 1727, 1704, 1709, 1733, 1736, 1723, 1693, 1654, 1731, 1660 and 1741 are included under the topic Early Jablonski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jablonski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Jablonski, Jablonowski, Jablonka, Jablkowski, Jablonowicz, Jablkiewicz, Jablonski, Jablonsky, Jabbolnski and many more.
Early Notables of the Jablonski family (pre 1700)
Prominent among those of the name Jablonski in this period were Johann Theodor Jablonski (1654-1731), a German educator and lexicographer who wrote under the name Pierre Rondeau...
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Jablonski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Jablonski migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Jablonski Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jozef Jablonski, who arrived in New York in 1831
- Franzisca Jablonski, who arrived in New York, NY via Hamburg in 1873
- Caroline Jablonski, age 8, who arrived in Baltimore in 1874
- Johann Jablonski, who arrived at Baltimore in 1882
Contemporary Notables of the name Jablonski (post 1700) +
- Wanda Jablonski (1920-1992), American journalist who covered the global petroleum industry
- Patrick David Jablonski (b. 1967), American retired NHL ice hockey goaltender
- Jacquelyn Jablonski (b. 1991), American fashion model
- David Ira Jablonski (b. 1953), American professor of geophysical sciences at the University of Chicago, recipient of the Charles Schuchert Award (1988)
- Ray Jablonski (1926-1985), American third baseman in Major League Baseball with an 8-year season career from 1953 through 1960, elected to the National League All-Star team in 1954
- Raymond Leo Jablonski (1926-1985), American professional baseball player
- Edward H. Jablonski, American Republican politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 5th District, 1960 
- Edward Jablonski, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Glen Cove, New York, 1971 
- Edward Jablonski, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 3rd District, 1950 
- Dariusz Jablonski (b. 1961), Polish film director and produce
- ... (Another 5 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +