Izaguirre History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The original bearer of the name Izaguirre, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries conquered Spain. The Izaguirre family originally lived in a noble or reputable place in a village. The surname Izaguirre originally derived from the Basque word Ager which meant visible or prominent.
Early Origins of the Izaguirre family
The surname Izaguirre was first found in the Basque region of Spain, along the north-central coast of the Peninsula.
Important Dates for the Izaguirre family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Izaguirre research. Another 131 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1248, 1340, and 1492 are included under the topic Early Izaguirre History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Izaguirre Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Aguirre, Aguirra, Aguirri, Izaguirre, Yzaguirre and others.
Early Notables of the Izaguirre family (pre 1700)
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Izaguirre Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Izaguirre migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Izaguirre Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Izaguirre Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josefa Izaguirre, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1826 
- Jose Maria Izaguirre, aged 16, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1832 
- R Izaguirre, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1839 
- Juan Izaguirre, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1850 
Contemporary Notables of the name Izaguirre (post 1700)
- Manuel J. Izaguirre, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Truxillo, 1889 
- Abel Salinas Izaguirre, Peruvian politician, engineer and economist
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html