Irizarry History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished Spanish surname Irizarry is of local origin being one of those surnames derived from the place where a man once lived or owned land. In this instance, the surname Irizarry is derived from the Basque "iri - txari" which means literally "town" or "settlement," "- boar" indicating an area where these wild animals were frequently found.
Early Origins of the Irizarry family
The surname Irizarry was first found in the Pamplona district of the Basque region of Spain.
Early History of the Irizarry family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Irizarry research. Another 133 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1712, 1767, 1786, and 1854 are included under the topic Early Irizarry History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Irizarry Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Irisarry, Irizarry, Irizar, Irizarri and others.
Early Notables of the Irizarry family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of the family name at this time was Gabriel y Santigo de Irisarri y Coghen, who became a member of the Order of Santiago in 1767...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Irizarry Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Irizarry is the 2,271st most popular surname with an estimated 14,922 people with that name. 
| Irizarry migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Irizarry Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jose Ignacio Irizarry, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Irizarry Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Atelana Irizarry, aged 46, who landed in America, in 1918
- Augusto Irizarry, aged 23, who immigrated to America, in 1919
- Auria Irizarry, aged 1, who landed in America, in 1921
- Juan Irizarry, aged 24, who landed in America from Inward, Long Island, N.Y., in 1922
- Hector Irizarry, aged 29, who settled in America from Puerto Plata, Dom.Rep., in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Irizarry (post 1700) ||+|
- Jaime Irizarry, American actor, known for his roles in Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009), The New Swiss Family Robinson (1998) and Angelito mío (1998)
- Sal Irizarry (b. 1970), American multiple award winning producer
- Vincent Irizarry (b. 1959), American Daytime Emmy Award winning Soap Opera Digest Award winning actor, best known for his work on All My Children
- Corinne Irizarry (b. 1978), American actress, known for her roles in Caught in the Game (2009), Volume 2 (2006) and Yo Momma (2006)
- Marcos A. "Turín" Irizarry Pagán, Puerto Rican politician, Mayor of Lajas
- Orlando Irizarry Camacho (b. 1985), Puerto Rican five-time silver medalist beach volleyball player
- Ramón Lopez- Irizarry (1897-1982), Puerto Rican educator and scientist
- Edwin Irizarry Mora (b. 1961), Puerto Rican economist, professor and pro-independence leader
- Anibal González Irizarry (b. 1927), Puerto Rican educator, journalist and news broadcaster
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)