Ilgenfritz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Ilgenfritz family
The surname Ilgenfritz was first found in East Prussia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Early History of the Ilgenfritz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ilgenfritz research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 170 and 1701 are included under the topic Early Ilgenfritz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ilgenfritz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ilgen, Ilgenfritz and others.
Early Notables of the Ilgenfritz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ilgenfritz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ilgenfritz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ilgenfritz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Georg Ilgenfritz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1737
- Johan Georg Ilgenfritz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1737 
- Johann Leonhard Ilgenfritz, who settled in Philadelphia in 1754
- Joh Leonhard Ilgenfritz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ilgenfritz (post 1700) +
- Twila Ilgenfritz, American actress, known for Scarlet Rain (2010), The Soliloquy (2012) and Amulet (2009)
- Dorothy Ilgenfritz (1906-1981), birth name of Dorothy Dwan, American film actress who appeared in 40 films between 1922 and 1930, known for her role as Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz (1925) and in Kid Speed (1924) and The Devil Bear (1929)
- Charles Henry Ilgenfritz (1837-1920), Union Army soldier in the American Civil War awarded the Medal of Honor for extraordinary heroism on April 2, 1865
- Wolfgang Ilgenfritz (1957-2013), Austrian politician, Member of the European parliament for Austria (1999-2004)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)