100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Ibarra family come from? What is the Spanish Ibarra family crest and coat of arms? When did the Ibarra family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Ibarra family history?The surname Ibarra is a Basque name, no doubt derived from any of the several place names in the region. The name comes from the word "ibar," which means "meadow."
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ibarra, Ibaretta, Ibarrieta, Ibarrae, Ybarra and others.
First found in Sopelana (Biscaye) on the coast of Northern Spain, in the Basque region.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ibarra research. Another 149 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1557, 1589, 1609, 1628, 1772, 1785, 1603, 1609, 17, , 1638, 11, , 1690 and 1918 are included under the topic Early Ibarra History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 157 words (11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ibarra Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ibarra Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ramona Ibarra, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1816
- Gab Ibarra, aged 40, landed in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Ignacio Ibarra, aged 51, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1831
- Mariano Ibarra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860
- Ramon Ibarra, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1875
Ibarra Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Filiberto Ibarra, aged 19, who landed in America from Sevilla, Spain, in 1908
- Francisco Rubio Ibarra, aged 22, who emigrated to America from Merida, Mexico, in 1908
- Castor Ibarra, aged 33, who landed in America from Madrid, Spain, in 1910
- Carmen Ibarra, aged 17, who settled in America, in 1911
- Estebon Ibarra, aged 27, who emigrated to the United States from Biscaya, Spain, in 1914
- Susie Ibarra (b. 1970), American contemporary composer and percussionist
- Mickey Ibarra, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 1996
- Bowie Ibarra, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Texas state comptroller, 2002
- Juan Carlos Rodríguez Ibarra (b. 1948), Spanish politician
- Andrés Mora Ibarra (1955-2015), Mexican Major League Baseball outfielder who played from 1976 to 1980
- Gabriel Rafael Mendoza Ibarra (b. 1968), retired Chilean footballer
- Hugo Benjamín Ibarra (b. 1974), retired Argentine professional football player
- José María Velasco Ibarra (1893-1979), President of Ecuador (1944 to 1947)
- Aníbal Ibarra (b. 1958), Argentine politician
- Abelardo Colome Ibarra (b. 1939), vice president of the State Council of Cuba
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
The Ibarra Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Ibarra Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 13:30.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!