Iacono History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
A variety of distinguished and notable names have emerged from the beautiful and historical Italian region of Tuscany, including the notable surname Iacono. During the Middle Ages, as populations grew and travel between regions became more frequent, the people of Tuscany, who were originally known only by a single name, found it necessary to adopt a second name to identify themselves and their families. This process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries, but it was not completed until the modern era. The development of Italian hereditary surnames followed general principles and were characterized by derivatives from one's given name. The patronymic surname, which is derived from the father's given name, was one of the most common name types found in the region of Tuscany. This system of name-making was widely used because it linked well with the existing Feudal System and during the Christian era, many people named their children after saints and biblical figures. The surname Iacono came from the Italian form of the biblical patriarch, Jacob.
Early Origins of the Iacono family
The surname Iacono was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), where the original branch of the family emerged.
Early History of the Iacono family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Iacono research. More information is included under the topic Early Iacono History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Iacono Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Iacono include DiGiacomo, Giacalone, Giacardi, Giacaz, Giaccaglia, Giaccaglini, Giaccardi, Giaccheri, Giacchetti, Giacchi, Giacchin, Giacchini, Giacco, Giacconi, Giacheri, Giachi, Giachini, Giaco, Giacobazzi, Giacob, Giacobbi, Giacobelli, Giacobini, Giacobo, Giacomazzo, Giacomello, Giacometti, Giacomini, Giacomo, Giacovani, Giacovazzo, Giacovelli, Giappichini, Iachelli, Iachetta, Iachi, Iachino, Iacini, Iaco, Iacobacci, Iacobbi, Iacobelli, Iacobini, Iacobitti, Iacobone, Iacoboni, Iicolo, Iacomelli, Iacometti, Iacomi, Iacomini, Iacomino, Iacomo, Iacomoni, Iacone, Iacovacci, Iacovelli, Iacovini, Iacovo, Iacovne, Iacovucci, Iacuelli, Iacullo, Iacuvelli, Iacuzzi, Iapichelli, Iappichini, Zacchetti, Zacchi, Zacco and many more.
Early Notables of the Iacono family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Giacomino da Verona who was a Franciscan friar and a poet of the late 13th century. Dante's Paradiso and the Inferno were...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Iacono Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Iacono migration to the United States +
Discovered in the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Iacono:
Iacono Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Iacono, aged 28, who settled in America from Ischia, Italy, in 1907
- Angela Iacono, aged 42, who immigrated to America from Foria Di Ischia, Italy, in 1907
- Carmelo Iacono, aged 39, who immigrated to the United States from Ragusa, Sicily, in 1914
- Angelo Maria Iacono, aged 35, who landed in America from Serrara Fontana, Italy, in 1916
- Angelina Iacono, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States from Casamicciola, Italy, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Iacono (post 1700) +
- David Iacono, American child actor, known for his roles in St. Vincent (2014), Choose (2011) and The Pastor (2014)
- Salvatore "Sal" Iacono (b. 1971), better known as Cousin Sal, an American comedian, writer and game show host, known for his roles on The Man Show and the late night television show Jimmy Kimmel Live!; he is Jimmy Kimmel's cousin, hence his nickname
- Paul Stanley Iacono (b. 1988), American actor, best known for his starring role as RJ Berger in the MTV series The Hard Times of RJ Berger
- Gianluca Iacono (b. 1970), Italian voice actor
- Alessandro Iacono (b. 1973), retired Italian professional football player who played from 1993 to 2003, member of the Italy U-18 National Team (1990-1991)
- Franck Iacono (b. 1966), retired freestyle swimmer from France
Related Stories +