Huntzinger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Huntzinger is thought to be a local name; that is, a surname taken on from an existing place name. There is a Hundseck in Germany near the Schwartwald (Black Forest), or the name may have come from a place name in Switzerland.
Early Origins of the Huntzinger family
The surname Huntzinger was first found in Switzerland.
Important Dates for the Huntzinger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Huntzinger research. Another 92 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1497, 1722, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Huntzinger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Huntzinger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hunsinger, Hunzinger, Huntzinger, Huntschingen, Hunsingen, Hunzingen, Huntzingen, Huntschinger, Hinsingen, Hinsinger, Hinschinger, Hinschingen, Hintschingen, Hintschinger, Hunziker, Hunziken, Huntziker, Huntziken, Hunzinker, Hunsiken, Hunzicker, Hunzicken, Huntzicker, Huntzicken, Hunsicker, Hunsicken, Hunsiner, Hunsener, Hunsicer, Hunsecer, Hunseker, Hunsiker and many more.
Early Notables of the Huntzinger family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Huntzinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Huntzinger migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Huntzinger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Huntzinger, who arrived in America in 1732 
- Johann Huntzinger, who settled in Carolina in 1738
- Johan Geo Huntzinger, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749 
Contemporary Notables of the name Huntzinger (post 1700)
- Walter Henry Huntzinger (1899-1981), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1923 to 1926
- George L. Huntzinger, American Democrat politician, Postmaster at Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, 1855-56 
- Franklin B. Huntzinger, American politician, Postmaster at Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, 1843-44 
- Edward Huntzinger, American politician, Postmaster at Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania, 1844-48 
- Jacques Gabriel Huntzinger (1991-1994), French diplomat, former French ambassador to Israel, Estonia, and Macedonia (1996-1999)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 1) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html