on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Huerta family come from? What is the Spanish Huerta family crest and coat of arms? When did the Huerta family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Huerta family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Huerta is widespread in Spain. It is probably of local origin, deriving from a place name in an agricultural community. The surname Huerta means "garden, or irrigated land" in Spanish, and was probably adopted as a surname by people who lived near a garden or an area of cultivated land.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Huerto, Huerta, Huergo, Huertas and others.
First found in different Regions of Spain. Early records show that the Huerta family surname was present in Aragon, in the Basque regions and in Castile. One of the oldest families of this name came from the town of Laguardia, in Alava, one of the northern Basque provinces.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Huerta research. Another 141 words(10 lines of text) covering the years 1694, 1700 and 1773 are included under the topic Early Huerta History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 53 words(4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Huerta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Huerta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Pedro De Huerta, who arrived in Espanola in 1812
- Alonso DeLa Huerta, who landed in America in 1814
- Bartolome De Huerta, who arrived in America in 1828
- Diego De Huerta, who landed in America in 1828
- Miguel DeLa Huerta, aged 50, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Dolores C Huerta (b. 1930), American co-founder and First Vice President Emeritus of the United Farm Workers of America
- Lawrence Huerta, American Judge and the first Native American to attend and graduate from the University of Arizona School of Law
- Victoriano Huerta (1854-1916), President of Mexico
- Ramón Huerta Ph.D., Researcher at the Institute for Nonlinear Science at the University of California, San Diego
- Antonio Huerta Ph.D., Professor of Applied Mathematics at Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya
- Baldemar Huerta (1937-2006), original name of Freddy Fender, the Mexican-American Tejano, country and rock and roll musician
- Javier Valdivia Huerta (b. 1941), former Mexican footballer
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
The Huerta Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Huerta Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 December 2014 at 08:46.
on orders of $85 or more