Hueber History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Hueber lie in the kingdom of Bavaria. The name is derived from the Middle High German word "huober," meaning "owner of a patch of farmland." The term "Hube" was used to denote a 40-acre hide of farmland. It is likely that the original bearer of this name was someone who owned such a farm.
Early Origins of the Hueber family
The surname Hueber was first found in Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the province. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Huber became an integral part of the region's affairs as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System. The earliest known bearer of the name was Ulrich Miles dictus Huobaere, a resident of the town of Utlenheim in the Tyrol region of Austria in 1224.
Early History of the Hueber family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hueber research. Another 128 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1251, 1301, 1790, 1639, 1706, 1764, 1804, 1764 and 1829 are included under the topic Early Hueber History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hueber Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Huber, Huberr, Hubere, Hueber, Huebere, Hubner, Huebner, Huben, Hueben, Hubener, Huebener, Hubel, Huebel, Hubeln, Huebeln and many more.
Early Notables of the Hueber family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hueber Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Hueber is the 4,631st most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
| Hueber migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hueber Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elizabeth Hueber, aged 11, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1735 
- Hendryk Hueber, aged 70, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1735 
- Lisabeth Hueber, aged 11, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1735 
- Maria Hueber, who arrived in Georgia in 1735 
- Rodolph Hueber, aged 6, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1735 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hueber (post 1700) ||+|
- Joseph Hueber (1715-1717), Austrian baroque master builder
- Charles Hueber (1883-1943), Alsatian politician, Mayor of Strasbourg between 1929 and 1935
- Aubin Hueber (b. 1967), former French rugby union footballer and a current coach
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)