The roots of the distinguished German surname Huben lie in the kingdom of Bavaria
. The name is derived from the Middle High German word "huober," meaning "owner of a patch of farmland." The term "Hube" was used to denote a 40-acre hide of farmland. It is likely that the original bearer of this name was someone who owned such a farm.
Early Origins of the Huben family
The surname Huben was first found in Bavaria
, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the province. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Huber became an integral part of the region's affairs as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal
System. The earliest known bearer of the name was Ulrich Miles dictus Huobaere, a resident of the town of Utlenheim in the Tyrol region of Austria
Early History of the Huben family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Huben research.Another 255 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1251, 1301, 1790, 1639, 1706, 1764, 1804, 1764 and 1829 are included under the topic Early Huben History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Huben Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Huber, Huberr, Hubere, Hueber, Huebere, Hubner, Huebner, Huben, Hueben, Hubener, Huebener, Hubel, Huebel, Hubeln, Huebeln and many more.
Early Notables of the Huben family (pre 1700)
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Huben Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Huben family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Huben Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Aug. Huben, aged 18, who settled in America from Berlin, in 1892
Huben Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Elsa Huben, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Hamburg, in 1906
- Christine Huben, aged 4, who landed in America from Nobohdziaki, Russia, in 1907
- Katernna Huben, aged 1, who emigrated to the United States from Nobohdziaki, Russia, in 1907
- Maria Huben, aged 39, who landed in America from Nobohdziaki, Russia, in 1907
- Philip Huben, aged 8, who emigrated to America from Nobohdziaki, Russia, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)