Hottinger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hottinger family
The surname Hottinger was first found in Switzerland, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Early History of the Hottinger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hottinger research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1859, 1620, 1667, 1652, 1735, 1467, 1524, 1522, 1524, 1538, 1600, 1620 and 1667 are included under the topic Early Hottinger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hottinger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hottinger, Hottingen, Hottinguer, Hotinger and many more.
Early Notables of the Hottinger family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Hottinger were Johann Heinrich Hottinger, (1620-1667), Swiss philologist and theologian; and his son, Johann Jakob Hottinger (1652-1735), Swiss theologian and Church historian. Klaus Hottinger (1467-1524) was a Swiss shoemaker, born in Zollikon. He took part in the famous "Affair of the Sausages" of 1522, the beginning of the Reformation in Switzerland...
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hottinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hottinger is the 15,176th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Hottinger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hottinger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Barbara Hottinger, who settled in Carolina or Pennsylvania in 1772
Hottinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A Hottinger, who landed in Iowa in 1845 
- Jacob Hottinger, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1852 
- Anton Hottinger, who was naturalized in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1852
- Bernard Hottinger, who was on record in Nevada in 1866
Contemporary Notables of the name Hottinger (post 1700) +
- John Hottinger (b. 1945), American lawyer and politician, 7th Minnesota Senate Majority Leader (2003-2004), Member of the Minnesota Senate (1991-2007)
- Jay Hottinger (b. 1969), American politician, Member of the Ohio Senate (2015-)
- Cheri Hottinger (b. 1969), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Ohio, 2004 
- Lukas Hottinger (1933-2011), German-born, paleontologist, biologist and geologist
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html