100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Hostetter family come from? What is the German Hostetter family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hostetter family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hostetter family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hostetter, Hoffstetter, Hofstetter, Hockstetter, Hoffstater, Hoffstatter, Hoffstadter, Hockstadter, Hoffstattar, Hockstadder, Hufstedler, Huffstedler and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hostetter research. Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1574 and 1582 are included under the topic Early Hostetter History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hostetter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hostetter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Hostetter, who came to Lancaster, Pennsylvania in 1716
- Oswald Hostetter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Oswald Hostetter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
Hostetter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gottlieb Hostetter, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1876
- P. Hostetter, aged 17, who settled in America, in 1892
- WM. Hostetter, aged 13, who settled in America, in 1892
- Caroline Hostetter, aged 20, who landed in America from Bern, in 1893
- Clara Hostetter, aged 47, who settled in America, in 1895
Hostetter Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Theodore R. Hostetter, aged 16, who landed in America, in 1908
- Mary Helen Hostetter, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1910
- David Hostetter, aged 49, who emigrated to the United States, in 1910
- Florence Hostetter, who landed in America, in 1911
- Herbert Hostetter, who landed in America, in 1911
Hostetter Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Herman Hostetter U.E., "Hermon, Hosteter, Hosteder" who settled in Grantham [St. Catharines], Home District, Ontario c. 1784
- Paul Hostetter, American conductor at the Schwob School of Music at Columbus State University
- Amos B. Hostetter Jr. (b. 1937), American founder and chief executive officer of Continental Cablevision
- Jacob Hostetter (1754-1831), American politician, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- Hildenbrand, A.M. Wappenfibel. Handbuch der Heraldik. Neustadt an der Aisch: 1970. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
The Hostetter Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hostetter Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 April 2015 at 09:16.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!