Horvath History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Horvath family
The surname Horvath was first found in Austria, Transylvania and Hongrie where the name became noted for its many branches in the region including Petrichevich, Szent-Giorgy, and Zsebehaz, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Horvath family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Horvath research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1659, 1778, 1807, 1846, and 1858 are included under the topic Early Horvath History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Horvath Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Horvath, Horvatt, Horvarth, Horwarth, Horwath and others.
Early Notables of the Horvath family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Horvath Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Horvath is the 3,223rd most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Horvath migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Horvath Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antal Horvath, who was recorded to be living in Boston in 1882
- Neza Horvath, who immigrated to New York in 1891
- Andras Horvath, aged 25, who landed in America, in 1892
- Amalie Horvath, aged 9, who immigrated to the United States, in 1896
Horvath Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Albert Horvath, aged 42, who immigrated to the United States, in 1905
- Adam Horvath, aged 33, who landed in America from Wukovar, Austria, in 1907
- Albert Horvath, aged 46, who settled in America from Rabu Klese, Hungary, in 1909
- Andras Horvath, aged 18, who immigrated to America from Miskolez, Hungary, in 1909
Contemporary Notables of the name Horvath (post 1700) +
- Werner Horvath M.D. (b. 1949), Austrian artist (former chief radiologist in Linz) chosen for the "Twentieth Century Achievement Award" by the American Biographical Institute in July 1998 and is included in the "Dictionary of International Biography", 27th Edition, and in "Outstanding People of the 20th Century"
- Ivan Horváth Ph.D., American Professor of Theoretical Particle Physics at the University of Kentucky
- Ödön "Edmund Josef" von Horváth (1901-1938), one of the most important German-language playwrights and authors of the twentieth century
- Attila Horváth (1967-2020), Hungarian bronze medalist discus thrower
- Bronco Joseph Horvath (1930-2019), Canadian professional ice hockey player from Port Colborne, Ontario who played 434 games in the National Hockey League
- Antonio Horvath (1950-2018), Chilean politician, a Deputy from 1990 to 1994, and a Senator from 1994 to 2018
- Lajos Horváth Ph.D., Professor of Mathematics at the University of Utah
- Polly Horvath (b. 1957), American children's author and winner of the 2003 National Book Award for Young People's Literature
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm