Holberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Holberg family
The surname Holberg was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Holberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Holberg research. Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1632, 1721, 1731, 1751, 1790 and 1854 are included under the topic Early Holberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Holberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Halbherr, Halberr, Hallber, Hallberg, Halberg, Halbhuber, Halbert, Hallbert, Halburg, Hallburg, Helsburg, Hellsburg, Hellsbert and many more.
Early Notables of the Holberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Holberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Holberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Holberg Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Holberg, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1786
Holberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mde Holberg, aged 50, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1839 
- Ernst Holberg, who settled in New York, NY in 1852
- Joseph F Holberg, who landed in Mississippi in 1860 
- Jacob Holberg, who arrived in Mississippi in 1872 
- Jacob Holberg, who settled in Mississippi in 1872
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)