Hofstetter History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hofstetter family
The surname Hofstetter was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Hofstetter family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hofstetter research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1574 and 1582 are included under the topic Early Hofstetter History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hofstetter Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hostetter, Hoffstetter, Hofstetter, Hockstetter, Hoffstater, Hoffstatter, Hoffstadter, Hockstadter, Hoffstattar, Hockstadder, Hufstedler, Huffstedler and many more.
Early Notables of the Hofstetter family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hofstetter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Hofstetter is the 12,818th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Hofstetter migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hofstetter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Oswald Hofstetter, who landed in America in 1731 
- Ulrich Hofstetter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
Hofstetter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Michel Hofstetter, aged 25, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1807 
- Jaques Hofstetter, who arrived in Missouri in 1847
- Jaques Hofstetter, aged 38, who arrived in Missouri in 1847 
- Jakob Hofstetter, who arrived in America in 1851
- Adam Hofstetter, who arrived in St Clair County, Illinois in 1859 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Hofstetter (post 1700) +
- Henry W. Hofstetter (1914-2002), American optometrist and the author
- Steve Hofstetter (b. 1979), American comedian, and the host and executive producer of "Laughs" on Fox television stations
- Edwin Thomas Hofstetter (1918-2006), American politician, Member of the Ohio House of Representatives (1967-1968)
- Daniel Hofstetter (b. 1992), German footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)