Hoffstetter History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hoffstetter family
The surname Hoffstetter was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Hoffstetter family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hoffstetter research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1574 and 1582 are included under the topic Early Hoffstetter History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hoffstetter Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hostetter, Hoffstetter, Hofstetter, Hockstetter, Hoffstater, Hoffstatter, Hoffstadter, Hockstadter, Hoffstattar, Hockstadder, Hufstedler, Huffstedler and many more.
Early Notables of the Hoffstetter family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hoffstetter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Hoffstetter migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hoffstetter Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Barbara Hoffstetter, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732
- Gertrudt Vautrin Hoffstetter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Joh. Christian Hoffstetter, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1749
Hoffstetter Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- G. Hoffstetter, who settled in New Orleans in 1834
- Christian Hoffstetter, who arrived in Michigan in 1854
- Johann Hoffstetter, aged 24, who landed in America, in 1892
- Rudolf Hoffstetter, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1892
- Sophie Hoffstetter, who settled in America, in 1892
Hoffstetter Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Hoffstetter, aged 28, who landed in America from Glasinz, Hungary, in 1906
- Louise Hoffstetter, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Zurich, Switzerland, in 1907
- Franziska Hoffstetter, aged 30, who immigrated to America from Muchen, Germany, in 1923
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hoffstetter (post 1700) ||+|
- Robert Hoffstetter (1908-1999), German taxonomist who specialized in reptiles
- Roman Hoffstetter (1742-1815), German classical composer and Benedictine monk