Hochberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Hochberg family
The surname Hochberg was first found in Austria, where the name Hochberg became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Important Dates for the Hochberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hochberg research. Another 98 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1650, 1666, 1807, and 1861 are included under the topic Early Hochberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hochberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hochberg, Hochburg, Hochberger, Hochbergen, Hochenberg, Hochenburg, Hochperger, Hachberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Hochberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hochberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hochberg migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hochberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Hochberg, who applied for naturalization in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania in 1887
Contemporary Notables of the name Hochberg (post 1700)
- Eric Hochberg, contemporary, American jazz musician
- Scott Hochberg, American Democrat politician, Member of Texas State House of Representatives; Elected 1992; Elected unopposed 1994; Elected 1996; Elected unopposed 1998, 2000; Elected 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010 
- Fred Philip Hochberg, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York 
- Faith S. Hochberg (b. 1950), American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1988; U.S. Attorney for New Jersey, 1994-99; U.S. District Judge for New Jersey, 1999- 
- Audrey Hochberg, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly 88th District, 1993-2000 
- Alan Hochberg, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly 81st District, 1970-77 
- Adolf Hochberg (1824-1850), Austrian poet
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html