Hillebrand History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished German surname Hillebrand is derived from the German personal name "Hildebrand," which is composed of two elements: "hild," derived from the Old High German "hilja," meaning "fight" or "battle," and "brand," derived from the Old High German "brant," meaning "fire" or "sword."
Early Origins of the Hillebrand family
The surname Hillebrand was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century, the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. The Hillebrand family was also seated at Ruckhofen in the Ratisbonne.
Early History of the Hillebrand family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hillebrand research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1530, 1756, 1614, 1684, 1668 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Hillebrand History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hillebrand Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hidlebrand, Hildebrandt, Hildeprand, Hildeprandt, Hiltebrande, Hiltebrand, Hillenbrand and many more.
Early Notables of the Hillebrand family (pre 1700)
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hillebrand Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hillebrand migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hillebrand Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nikolaus Gregor Hillebrand, aged 29, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1658 
Hillebrand Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joh Bern Jos Hillebrand, aged 27, who landed in America in 1821 
- Elis Hillebrand, who arrived in America in 1836 
- Heinr Adolph Hillebrand, who arrived in America in 1840 
- Gerh Georg Jos Hillebrand, who landed in America in 1842 
- Catherina Hillebrand, aged 25, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1846 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Hillebrand (post 1700) +
- Robert B. Hillebrand, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Kentucky State House of Representatives 32nd District, 1975 
- Eric A. Hillebrand, American politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 1st District, 1932 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 13) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html