Hilderbrand History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished German surname Hilderbrand is derived from the German personal name "Hildebrand," which is composed of two elements: "hild," derived from the Old High German "hilja," meaning "fight" or "battle," and "brand," derived from the Old High German "brant," meaning "fire" or "sword."
Early Origins of the Hilderbrand family
The surname Hilderbrand was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century, the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. The Hilderbrand family was also seated at Ruckhofen in the Ratisbonne.
Early History of the Hilderbrand family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hilderbrand research. Another 129 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1530, 1756, 1614, 1684, 1668 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Hilderbrand History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hilderbrand Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hidlebrand, Hildebrandt, Hildeprand, Hildeprandt, Hiltebrande, Hiltebrand, Hillenbrand and many more.
Early Notables of the Hilderbrand family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hilderbrand Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hilderbrand migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hilderbrand Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hannes Hilderbrand, aged 26, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1743 
- Friederich Hilderbrand, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Hilderbrand Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Hilderbrand, who arrived in Charleston, South Carolina in 1824 
- Henry Hilderbrand, aged 36, who settled in America, in 1892
- Katie Hilderbrand, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1894
Hilderbrand Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emma Hilderbrand, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Freeburg, in 1904
- Theodor Hilderbrand, aged 24, who settled in America from Berlin, Germany, in 1907
- Wilhelm Hilderbrand, aged 36, who immigrated to the United States from Neckar Steinach, Baden, Germany, in 1912
- Henry Hilderbrand, aged 23, who landed in America, in 1921
- Paul K Hilderbrand, aged 30, who immigrated to the United States from Hamburg, Germany, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Hilderbrand (post 1700) +
- Karen Mitzo Hilderbrand (b. 1962), née Mitzo, an American songwriter and author of childrens' educational materials
- Elin Hilderbrand, American romance novel writer
- Raymond Hilderbrand, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Montana, 1932 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 20) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html