on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Heyn family come from? What is the German Heyn family crest and coat of arms? When did the Heyn family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Heyn family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heym, Heyman, Heymann, Heymans, Heymen, Heyme, Heymberg, Heyme, Heymenbergh, Heymenstein, Heymet, Heymiller, Heymueller, Heyms, Heyn and many more.
First found in Westphalia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heyn research. Another 161 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1669, 1836, 1856, 1516, 1754, 1800, 1729 and 1812 are included under the topic Early Heyn History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 43 words(3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heyn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heyn Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannis Jury Heyn, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716
- Friederich Heyn, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773
- Friederich Heyn, whose oath of allegiance was recorded in Pennsylvania in 1773
- David Heyn, who was one of the Hessian Troops in the American War for Independence, on record in 1783
Heyn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cathariine Heyn, who arrive in Philadelphia, PAin 1805
- Catherine Lise Heyn, aged 28, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1805
- John E Heyn, aged 31, landed in Pennsylvania in 1805
- Alex Heyn, who arrived in New York city in 1865
- Penelope Heyn (b. 1974), South African swimmer
- Major General Bertram Russell Heyn (1912-1998), Sri Lankan military officer
- Johan Adam Heyn (1928-1994), influential Afrikaner Calvinist theologian and moderator
- Peter David Heyn (b. 1945), former Sri Lankan cricketer
- Johannes Heyn (b. 1516), Flemish-Brabantic architect
- Luis Ramón Jara Heyn (b. 1964), former Paraguayan football midfielder
- Adolfo Ramón Jara Heyn (b. 1964), former Paraguayan football midfielder, futsal player, and coach
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Steed, Henry Wickham . The Hapsburg Monarchy. London: Constable and Company, 1919. Print.
The Heyn Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Heyn Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 14 February 2013 at 13:37.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more