Heydorn History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Heydorn family
The surname Heydorn was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in East Flanders, a province in Belgium. Within this province the notable towns are Ghent, the capital city, St Nicolas, Alost, Termonde and Oudenarde. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Heydorn family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heydorn research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1649, 1664, 1822 and 1870 are included under the topic Early Heydorn History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heydorn Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heyden, Heydel, Heydenab, Heydenberg, Heydin, Heydon, Heydendael, Heydenreich, Heydenrych, Heydenryck, Heyder, Heyderer, Heydern, Heydens, Heydenaur, Addenaur and many more.
Early Notables of the Heydorn family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heydorn Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heydorn migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heydorn Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henrich Heydorn, who settled in New York in 1709
- Henrich Heydorn, who landed in New York, NY in 1710 
- Hendrick Heydorn, who settled in Albany, NY sometime between 1715 and 1716
- Hendrick Heydorn, who arrived in New York in 1715-1716 
Heydorn Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Dederich Heydorn, aged 19, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804 
- Dedric Heydorn, aged 19, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804 
- Dedric Heydorn, who settled in Philadelphia in 1804
- Christian Heydorn, aged 20, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1807 
- J. Heydorn, who arrived in Texas in 1857
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Heydorn (post 1700) +
- Nancy Heydorn (b. 1985), American director, known for her work on Growing Pains . Sister, Sister (1994-1999) and Too Close for Comfort (1980-1984)
- Detlef Heydorn (b. 1950), American actor, known for Thea Witt macht nicht mit (2004), Die Diebin & der General (2005) and Theater: Der Hexer (1999)
- Ingeborg Heydorn (1930-2016), German actress, known for Alles hett sienen Pries (1971), Loriots 80. Geburtstag (2003) and Loriots 60. Geburtstag (1983)
- Alison Heydorn (b. 1984), Guyanese international footballer for the Guyana National Team (2010-)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)