Heyd History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Heyd family
The surname Heyd was first found in Bavaria, where the name Heidt was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Heyd family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heyd research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heyd History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heyd Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heidt, Hiedt, Hagelsheimer, Heidte and others.
Early Notables of the Heyd family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heyd Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Heyd migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heyd Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Nicolaus Heyd, who arrived in New Jersey in 1709 
- Peter Heyd, who landed in New York, NY in 1709 
- Jacob Heyd, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1751 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Heyd (post 1700) ||+|
- Frank H. Heyd, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Westchester County 5th District, 1917 
- Ernest Heyd, American politician, Member of Minnesota State House of Representatives 19th District, 1857-58 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html