on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: German
The surname Hesson is derived from the Germanic tribe of the Hessians.
The surname Hesson was first found in Austria
, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hess, Hesse, Esse, Hessel, Hesselin, Hesso, Hesler and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hesson research. Another 283 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1416, 1584, 1764, 1790, 1791 and 1854 are included under the topic Early Hesson History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Hesson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hesson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Denis Hesson, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1877
- Dennis Hesson, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1877
- Robert W. Hesson, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Nevada, 1916
- Samuel Rollin Hesson (1829-1915), Irish-born, Canadian merchant and politician in Ontario who represented Perth North in the Canadian House of Commons (1878 to 1891)
- Mike Hesson (b. 1974), New Zealand current head coach of the New Zealand National cricket team, former coach of the Argentine National cricket team
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Hesson Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hesson Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 March 2016 at 08:46.
on orders of $85 or more