on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Hesse family come from? What is the Jewish Hesse family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hesse family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hesse family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Friedrich Hesse, aged 21, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Johannes Hesse, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773
- David Hesse, who landed in America in 1778
- Johann Hesse, who landed in America in 1783
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kasemir Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Arnold Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Aug Christ Hesse, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Christ Jacob Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Charles Henry Hesse, who arrived in Maryland in 1838
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carl Jacob Hesse, who landed in Alabama in 1926
Hesse Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- H. Hesse, aged 28, arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Hermann von Beckerath"
Hesse Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- August Adolph Albert Hesse, aged 27, a gardener, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Pauline Hesse, aged 23, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Ellis Hesse, aged 2, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Edwin Hesse, aged 10 months, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Eva Hesse (1936-1970), German-born American sculptor
- Hermann Hesse (1877-1962), German-Swiss poet, novelist, and painter
- Ludwig Otto Hesse (1811-1874), German mathematician, eponym of the Hessian matrix and the Hesse normal form
- Judith Hesse (b. 1982), German speed-skater at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Kai Hesse (b. 1985), German footballer
- Albert John Hesse (1895-1987), South African entomologist
- Charles de Hesse -Rheinfels-Rotenburg, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Mills, A.D. Dictionary of English Place-Names. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-19-869156-4).
- Marcharn, Frederick George. A Constitutional History of Modern England 1485 to the Present. London: Harper and Brothers, 1960. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Thirsk, Joan. The Agrarian History of England and Wales. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press: 7 Volumes. Print.
The Hesse Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hesse Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 March 2015 at 13:36.
on orders of $85 or more