on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: German, Jewish
Where did the Jewish Hesse family come from? What is the Jewish Hesse family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hesse family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hesse family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Friedrich Hesse, aged 21, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Johannes Hesse, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1773
- David Hesse, who landed in America in 1778
- Johann Hesse, who landed in America in 1783
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Kasemir Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1802
- Arnold Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1803
- Aug Christ Hesse, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1804
- Christ Jacob Hesse, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1804
- Charles Henry Hesse, who arrived in Maryland in 1838
Hesse Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carl Jacob Hesse, who landed in Alabama in 1926
Hesse Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- H. Hesse, aged 28, arrived in South Australia in 1847 aboard the ship "Hermann von Beckerath"
Hesse Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- August Adolph Albert Hesse, aged 27, a gardener, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Pauline Hesse, aged 23, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Ellis Hesse, aged 2, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Edwin Hesse, aged 10 months, arrived in Port Nicholson aboard the ship "Slains Castle" in 1841
- Eva Hesse (1936-1970), German-born American sculptor
- Hermann Hesse (1877-1962), German-Swiss poet, novelist, and painter
- Ludwig Otto Hesse (1811-1874), German mathematician, eponym of the Hessian matrix and the Hesse normal form
- Judith Hesse (b. 1982), German speed-skater at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Kai Hesse (b. 1985), German footballer
- Albert John Hesse (1895-1987), South African entomologist
- Hinde, Thomas Ed. The Domesday Book England's Heritage Then and Now. Surrey: Colour Library Books, 1995. Print. (ISBN 1-85833-440-3).
- MacAulay, Thomas Babington. History of England from the Accession of James the Second 4 volumes. New York: Harper and Brothers, 1879. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Williams, Dr Ann. And G.H. Martin, Eds. Domesday Book A Complete Translation. London: Penguin, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0-141-00523-8).
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Innes, Thomas and Learney. The Tartans of the Clans and Families of Scotland 1st Edition. Edinburgh: W & A. K. Johnston Limited, 1938. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage and Baronetage, The Privy Council, Knightage and Compainonage. London: Burke Publishing, 1921. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Hesse Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hesse Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 22 November 2013 at 14:24.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more