Heslin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname Heslin comes from the Irish Gaelic "O hEisleanain," which was often anglicized as O'Heslenane before it became shortened to O'Heslin. The modern Gaelic-Irish version is "O hEislin."
Early Origins of the Heslin family
The surname Heslin was first found in the ancient territory of Breffny, which was comprised of the present day counties of Fermanagh and Leitrim.
Early History of the Heslin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heslin research. Another 57 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1629 and 1664 are included under the topic Early Heslin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heslin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heslin, O'Heslin, O'Heslenan, O'Hislenane and many more.
Early Notables of the Heslin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heslin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Heslin is the 16,138th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Heslin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heslin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elizabeth Heslin, who settled in Virginia between 1772 and 1775
Heslin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A Heslin, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Maria Heslin, who settled in New York State in 1846
- Patrick Heslin and his family, who immigrated to New York in 1846
- James Heslin, who died in Massachusetts in 1847
- Thomas Heslin, who was naturalized in Indiana between 1850 and 1854
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Heslin (post 1700) +
- Pat Heslin, American manager of the Department of German at Princeton University
- Mindy Heslin, American film and television director, writer, and producer
- Dennis A. Heslin, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1944 
- Thomas Heslin (1847-1911), Irish-born prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, Bishop of Natchez (1889 until his death)
- John Heslin (b. 1992), Irish Gaelic footballer for Westmeath
- Peter Heslin Ph.D., Professor in the Dept. of Classics and Ancient History at the University of Durham
- Jo-Ann Heslin, well-published nutrition expert
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html