Hertenstein History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hertenstein family
The surname Hertenstein was first found in Westphalia, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families in the western region. From the 13th century onwards the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Important Dates for the Hertenstein family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hertenstein research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1741 and 1745 are included under the topic Early Hertenstein History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hertenstein Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Herten, Hertens, Hertener, Hertenberg, Hertenfeld, Hertenstein, Hertenmann, Hertenauer, Herter, Hertlen, Hertlein, Hertling, Hertsen and many more.
Early Notables of the Hertenstein family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hertenstein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hertenstein migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hertenstein Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Charles Hertenstein, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1870 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hertenstein (post 1700)
- Christian Hertenstein, American Democrat politician, National Democratic Candidate for Ohio State House of Representatives from Franklin County, 1897 
- Charles Hertenstein, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Missouri, 1924 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html