Hermoso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Spanish surname Hermoso is of ancient and noble lineage. The origins of the name Hermoso are toponymic, as it is derived from the place-name where the original bearer lived or owned land. The name is derived from the Spanish word "hermosa" which means "beautiful." Thus, the family name Hermoso was used to signify "one who lived in a beautiful place."
Early Origins of the Hermoso family
The surname Hermoso was first found in the ancient Castilian province of Santander. The earliest reference to the name Hermoso is from 1409, when Diego Guiterrez de Hermosa became the Chief Justice of Castille.
Early History of the Hermoso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hermoso research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1701 is included under the topic Early Hermoso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hermoso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hermoso, Hermosa, Hermosilla, Hermosillo, Hermosello and many more.
Early Notables of the Hermoso family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hermoso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Hermoso migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hermoso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Antonio Hermoso, aged 34, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1812 
- Francisco Hermoso, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Lorenzo Hermoso, who arrived in America in 1812 
- Anton Hermoso, who arrived in Venezuela in 1834 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Hermoso (post 1700) ||+|
- Jennifer Hermoso Fuentes (b. 1990), Spanish professional footballer who plays for Liga MX Femenil club CF Pachuca and for the Spain women's national team, the all-time top scorer for both Barcelona and Spain
- Ángel Remigio Hermoso (1947-2020), known as Remy Hermoso, a Venezuelan Major League Baseball shortstop and right-handed batter who played from 1967 to 1974
- Justino Hermoso (b. 1918), lawyer in the Philippines
- Mariano Hermoso, music composer in Argentina
- Josefina J Hermoso (b. 1931), psychiatrist in the Philippines and in the United States
- Alberto Hermoso González (b. 1927), painter
- Adán Hermoso Centeno, professor in Venezuela
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)