Herbach History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Herbach family
The surname Herbach was first found in Swabia, where the name Harbach made an important early contribution to the feudal society which represented the backbone of early Europe. The name Harbach became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, in which each group sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Herbach family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Herbach research. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1831 and 1877 are included under the topic Early Herbach History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Herbach Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Harbach, Harbacher, Harbbach, Harbbache, Harback, Harbacke, Harbak, Harbakke, Harbeck, Herbach, Herback, Herbecke, Herbek, Herbacher, Herbbach, Herbbache, Herbecker, Herbecher, Herbbech, Herbbeche, Herbeck, Harbek, Herbak and many more.
Early Notables of the Herbach family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Herbach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Herbach migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Herbach Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Herbach, who arrived in Maryland in 1726 
- Johann Jost Herbach who, accompanied by his wife Maria Margaretha Klein and their four children, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1730
- Johann Jost Herbach, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1730 
- Johan Peter Herbach, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1741 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)