Hentz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Hentz arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire. The name Hentz originates as a short form of the personal name Heinrich.
Early Origins of the Hentz family
The surname Hentz was first found in Saxony, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Ruf Heinz in Esslingen in 1417.
Early History of the Hentz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hentz research. Another 337 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1595, 1841, 1805, 1608, 1817, 1602, 1564, 1609, 1630, 1689, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689, 1749 and 1803 are included under the topic Early Hentz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hentz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heintz, Heinz, Heinze, Heintze, Heinzer, Heintzer, Hainz, Haintz, Hainze, Haintze, Haintzer, Hainzer, Hintz, Hinz, Hinze, Hinzer, Hintze, Hintzer, Hyntz, Hynz, Heinse, Heintse, Heinttze, Heinttz, Heintzel, Heinzel, Heinzelmann, Heinzelman, Heintzelmann, Heintzelman, Heynz, Heyntze, Heincze and many more.
Early Notables of the Hentz family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Hentz at this time were Joseph Heintz (or Heinz) the Elder (1564-1609), a Swiss painter, draftsman and architect; Ernst Heintze (died 1630), who became a Chancellor of Bohemia...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hentz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hentz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hentz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Urban Hentz, who landed in New Jersey in 1709 
- Christian Hentz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Michael Hentz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Peter Henry Hentz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- Burchart Hentz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Hentz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Adam Hentz, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1837 
- George Hentz, aged 30, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hentz (post 1700) +
- Nicholas Marcellus Hentz (1797-1856), French-born, American educator and arachnologist
- Charles Hentz (b. 1948), American former professional NBA basketball player
- Caroline Lee Whiting Hentz (1800-1856), American novelist and author, noted for her opposition to the abolitionist movement and her book The Planter's Northern Bride
- Jacob Hentz (d. 1845), American politician, Member of Georgia State House of Representatives, 1845 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html