Hemler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Hemler family
The surname Hemler was first found in Thuringia, where the family was known for its contributions to the prosperity and culture of the emerging feudal society. The family branched into numerous houses, many of which acquired estates and manors throughout the surrounding regions.
Early History of the Hemler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hemler research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hemler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hemler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Helmlinger, Hemlinger, Halmlinger, Healmlinger, Heamlinger, Helmlingen, Healmlingen, Halmlingen, Heilinger, Heilingen, Heilmlingen, Heilmlinger, Heiligenberg, Heilingenstein and many more.
Early Notables of the Hemler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hemler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hemler migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hemler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Andreas Hemler, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
Hemler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Hemler, who arrived in San Francisco in 1864
- Pius P. Hemler, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1892
Contemporary Notables of the name Hemler (post 1700) +
- Jacob Hemler, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Ohio 3rd District, 1902
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)