Heland History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Heland family
The surname Heland was first found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Important Dates for the Heland family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heland research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1604, 1685, 1605, 1664, 1604 and 1664 are included under the topic Early Heland History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heland Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heyland, Heiland, Heilland, Hieland, Hyland, Highland, Heland and many more.
Early Notables of the Heland family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Heland at this time were Jan Baptist van Heil (1604-1685), a Flemish Baroque painter. Born in Brussels, he was considered the best of...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heland Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heland migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heland Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cath Heland, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- M Heland, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Heland (post 1700)
- Jeff Heland, American Democrat politician, Presidential Elector for Iowa, 2000 
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 16) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html