Heineke History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Heineke surname is derived from a Germanic personal (pre-surname) name "heim," which meant home. Cognates of the name are popular throughout Europe.
Early Origins of the Heineke family
The surname Heineke was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Heineke family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heineke research. Another 54 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1824 is included under the topic Early Heineke History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heineke Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Henkel, Henke, Heineke, Heinecke, Heinkel, Hienkel and many more.
Early Notables of the Heineke family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heineke Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heineke migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heineke Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anna Heineke, aged 58, who arrived in New York in 1862 
- Carl Heineke, aged 25, who landed in New York in 1862 
- Frederike Heineke, aged 28, who arrived in New York in 1862 
- Gustave Heineke, who settled in Illinois in 1895
Contemporary Notables of the name Heineke (post 1700)
- Myron E. Heineke, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Illinois, 1972 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html