100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Heil family come from? What is the German Heil family crest and coat of arms? When did the Heil family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Heil family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heyland, Heiland, Heilland, Hieland, Hyland, Highland, Heland and many more.
First found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heil research. Another 185 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1604, 1685, 1605, 1664, 1604 and 1664 are included under the topic Early Heil History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 91 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heil Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heil Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Jacob Heil, who landed in New York in 1709
- Georg Thomas Heil who settled in Pennsylvania in 1739 at the age of 35 with his wife Susanna and their five children
- Valentin Heil, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1749
- Georg Heil, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Johannes Heil, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1752
Heil Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Nicholos Heil, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1837
- Peter Heil, aged 30, arrived in Missouri in 1839
- Heinrich Heil, who landed in New York, NY in 1850
- Caspar Heil, who landed in Iowa in 1852
- Cathe Heil, aged 19, arrived in New York in 1854
Heil Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Karl Heil, who arrived in Alabama in 1914
Heil Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Gottfried Heil went to Quebec in 1778 when he was 30 after serving with British forces during the American Revolution
Heil Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Mth Heil, aged 19, arrived in Quebec in 1893
- Bob Heil (b. 1940), American sound and radio engineer, best known for creating the template for modern rock sound systems, founder of Heil Sound in 1966, inventor of the Heil Talk Box in 1973
- Julius Peter Heil (1876-1949), American politician, 30th Governor of Wisconsin (1939 to 1943)
- Hubertus Heil (b. 1972), German politician, General Secretary of the Social Democratic Party of Germany in 2005
- Johannes Heil (b. 1978), German electronic music producer
- Oskar Heil (1908-1994), German electrical engineer and inventor, known for his work on the Microwave vacuum tube, Field-effect transistor and the Air Motion Transformer
- Reinhold Heil (b. 1954), German film and television composer
- Valter Heil (b. 1990), Romanian footballer
- Chris Heil, British rugby league player for Gateshead Thunder
- Jennifer Heil (b. 1983), Canadian gold medalist freestyle skier at the 2006 Winter Olympics
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Heil Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Heil Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 September 2015 at 15:02.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!