Heider History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Heider family
The surname Heider was first found in Austria, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Heider family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heider research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1856, 1858, 1702 and 1735 are included under the topic Early Heider History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heider Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heidel, Heidl, Heidler, Heidt, Heider and others.
Early Notables of the Heider family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Heider were Perkeo of Heidelberg (1702-1735), born Clemens Pankert, or Giovanni Clementi, a notable jester and court dwarf of Elector Palatine Charles III Philip in...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heider Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Heider is the 14,302nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Heider migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heider Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Frederick Heider, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1841 
- Friederick Heider, aged 43, who arrived in New York, NY in 1848 
- Carl Heider, who landed in Iowa in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Heider (post 1700) +
- Lee Heider (b. 1947), American politician, Member of the Idaho Senate (2010-)
- Karl Heider (b. 1935), American visual anthropologist
- Wally Heider (1923-1989), American recording engineer and recording studio founder of Wally Heider Studios which recorded music for Van Morrison, Grateful Dead, Creedence Clearwater and Santana
- Marc Heider (b. 1986), American-born, German footballer
- Robert R. Heider, American Republican politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Milwaukee County 21st District; Elected 1956; Defeated, 1958 
- Douglas Heider, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Oregon, 1960, 1972 
- Moriz Heider (1816-1866), Austrian dentist who introduced electrosurgery (Galvanokaustik) into dentistry
- Fritz Heider (1896-1988), Austrian psychologist, best known for his work related to the Gestalt school
- Alvin Heider Renteria (b. 1978), male triple jumper from Colombia
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html