Heidelberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Heidelberg family
The surname Heidelberg was first found in Austria, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Heidelberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heidelberg research. Another 89 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1856, 1858, 1702 and 1735 are included under the topic Early Heidelberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heidelberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heidel, Heidl, Heidler, Heidt, Heider and others.
Early Notables of the Heidelberg family (pre 1700)
During this period prominent bearers of the name Heidelberg were Perkeo of Heidelberg (1702-1735), born Clemens Pankert, or Giovanni Clementi, a notable jester and court dwarf of Elector Palatine Charles III Philip in...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Heidelberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Heidelberg is the 15,806th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Heidelberg migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heidelberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Just Hrch Heidelberg, aged 40, who landed in Texas in 1845 
- I H Heidelberg, who landed in Texas in 1846 aboard the ship "Talisman" 
- Lewis Heidelberg, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1847 
- Gretje Heidelberg, aged 49, who arrived in New York, NY in 1855 
Heidelberg Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- James Heidelberg, who arrived in Alabama in 1923 
- Frank Heidelberg, who landed in Alabama in 1925 
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)