Heckert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Heckert family
The surname Heckert was first found in Austria, where the family were noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Heckert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Heckert research. Another 91 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1528 and 1542 are included under the topic Early Heckert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heckert Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hackher, Hackler, Hacker, Heckler, Heckher, Heikler and many more.
Early Notables of the Heckert family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Heckert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Heckert migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Heckert Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frantz Heckert, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1736 
- Johannes Heckert, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Johann Gottlieb Heckert, who landed in America in 1783 
Heckert Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johan Adam Heckert, aged 31, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
- Philip Heckert, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1851 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)