Haugan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Haugan family
The surname Haugan was first found in Bavaria, where the name Haug was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Haugan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Haugan research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1751 and 1779 are included under the topic Early Haugan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Haugan Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haug, Hauge, Hauger, Haugen, Hauegern, Haugk, Hauhken, Haugoumar, Haugman, Haugwitz and many more.
Early Notables of the Haugan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Haugan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Haugan migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Haugan Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Helge A. Haugan, who settled in America in 1861
Haugan Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ludvik Haugan, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1919 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Haugan (post 1700) ||+|
- Mabel Haugan, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Washington, 1952 
- David Haugan, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Michigan, 2008 
- Bernt B. Haugan, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Governor of Minnesota, 1900 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 5) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html