on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Hauck family come from? What is the German Hauck family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hauck family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hauck family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haug, Hauge, Hauger, Haugen, Hauegern, Haugk, Hauhken, Haugoumar, Haugman, Haugwitz and many more.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Haug was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hauck research. Another 166 words(12 lines of text) covering the years 1751 and 1779 are included under the topic Early Hauck History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Hauck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Elisabetha Hauck, who settled in New York in 1710
- Johann Adam Hauck, who arrived in America in 1741
- Caspar Hauck, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Anna Christina Hauck, who came to Pennsylvania in 1749
- Blasius Hauck, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Peter Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1829
- Siegfried Hauck, who arrived in New York in 1830
- Emanuel Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1834
- Nicholas Hauck, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1836
- John Nicholas Hauck, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840
Hauck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Friedrich Hauck, aged 20, landed in New York, NY in 1902
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. George Hauck U.E. who settled in Canada c. 1784
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Adolph Hauck, who arrived in Quebec in 1851
Hauck Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Katharina Hauck, aged 2, landed in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Nicolaus Hauck, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1902
- Frederick Hamilton "Rick" Hauck (b. 1941), former NASA Astronaut with 436 hours in space
- Timothy Christian Hauck (b. 1966), former American football defensive back in the NFL
- Bobby Hauck (b. 1964), American football head coach at the University of Montana
- Cornelius Hauck (1893-1967), American businessman, civic leader, visionary, and a collector of rare books
- Amalia Mignon "Minnie" Hauck (1851-1929), American operatic soprano
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Hauck Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hauck Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 10 April 2015 at 08:03.
on orders of $85 or more