Early Origins of the Hatz family
The surname Hatz was first found in Belgium and Luxemburg, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Luxemburg, a Grand Duchy of Europe and a province of Belgium. The House of Luxemburg is descended from Count Conrad who died 1086. Towns of the area include Viesalm, Herbeumont, Bertrix, Marche and Bastogne. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Hatz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hatz research.Another 179 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1629, 1635 and 1741 are included under the topic Early Hatz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hatz Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Hatz, Hatze, Hatzen, Hatzer, Hetz, Hetzenburg, Hetzel, Hetzeldorf, Hetzer, Hetzler, Hetzmanseder, Hatzenberger, Hatzfeldt, Hatzold, Hatzolt, Hertz, Herz, Hertzeldorf and many more.
Early Notables of the Hatz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hatz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Hatz family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hatz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Hatz, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1738
- Georg Hatz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1738 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
Hatz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Georg Hatz, who settled in North America in 1848 with his three sons
- Alois Hatz, who settled in Illinois in 1852
- Daniel Hatz, who was recorded in the Arizona Territorial Census in 1864
Contemporary Notables of the name Hatz (post 1700)
- John D Hatz (d. 1989), American airplane builder, who designed the Hatz CB-1 Biplane in the late 1960s
- Alex Hatz, Canadian filmmaker and actor
- Matthias Hatz, founder, in 1880, of the German company, which would become Hatz diesel