Harbach History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Harbach family
The surname Harbach was first found in Swabia, where the name Harbach made an important early contribution to the feudal society which represented the backbone of early Europe. The name Harbach became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, in which each group sought power and status in an ever changing territorial profile.
Early History of the Harbach family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Harbach research. Another 59 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1831 and 1877 are included under the topic Early Harbach History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Harbach Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Harbach, Harbacher, Harbbach, Harbbache, Harback, Harbacke, Harbak, Harbakke, Harbeck, Herbach, Herback, Herbecke, Herbek, Herbacher, Herbbach, Herbbache, Herbecker, Herbecher, Herbbech, Herbbeche, Herbeck, Harbek, Herbak and many more.
Early Notables of the Harbach family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Harbach Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Harbach migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Harbach Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Peter Harbach, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1772 
Harbach Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Christian Harbach, aged 33, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1854 
- Philip C. Harbach who arrived in Mobile Alabama in 1856
- Friedrich Harbach, who landed in Iowa in 1857 
- Karl Harbach who arrived in Iowa in 1861
- Karl Harbach, who landed in Iowa in 1861 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Harbach (post 1700) +
- William C. Harbach, American politician, Delegate to Iowa convention to ratify 21st amendment from Polk County, 1933 
- Otto Abels Harbach (1873-1963), American lyricist and librettist of about 50 musical comedies and is in the Songwriter's Hall of Fame
- Todd J Harbach MD, Orthopedic Surgeon
- William O Harbach, television producer known for "the Steve Allen Show" and "The Don Knotts Show"
- Barbara Harbach, renowned composer, harpsichordist, organist, and teacher
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html