Hallier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony is the glorious birthplace of the distinguished surname Hallier. In the medieval era, the German lands were inhabited by a variety of Barbarian tribes. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Hallier family
The surname Hallier was first found in Saxony, where the name could be considered to have made an early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of early development of Europe. The name probably derived from the city of Halle, became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, as each group sought power and status in an unstable territorial profile.
Early History of the Hallier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hallier research. Another 132 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1699, 1713, 1463, 1525, 1492, 1536, 1708 and 1777 are included under the topic Early Hallier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hallier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Haller, Haler, Hallerr, Haaller, Haaler, Haalerr and others.
Early Notables of the Hallier family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Hallier at this time were Johann Haller or Jan Haller (1463-1525), considered one of the first commercial printers in Poland; Berthold Haller (1492-1536), who was a...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Hallier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hallier migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hallier Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Ann Hallier, who landed in Maryland in 1651-1662 
Contemporary Notables of the name Hallier (post 1700) +
- Ernst Hallier (1831-1904), German botanist and mycologist
- Jean-Edern Hallier (1936-1997), French author from Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France
- Lori Hallier (b. 1959), Canadian actress from Victoria, British Columbia, known for My Bloody Valentine (1981), Star Trek: Voyager (1995) and Warning Sign (1985)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)