Haintz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Haintz arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire. The name Haintz originates as a short form of the personal name Heinrich.
Early Origins of the Haintz family
The surname Haintz was first found in Saxony, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Ruf Heinz in Esslingen in 1417.
Early History of the Haintz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Haintz research. Another 337 words (24 lines of text) covering the years 1595, 1841, 1805, 1608, 1817, 1602, 1564, 1609, 1630, 1689, 1686, 1687, 1688, 1689, 1749 and 1803 are included under the topic Early Haintz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Haintz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heintz, Heinz, Heinze, Heintze, Heinzer, Heintzer, Hainz, Haintz, Hainze, Haintze, Haintzer, Hainzer, Hintz, Hinz, Hinze, Hinzer, Hintze, Hintzer, Hyntz, Hynz, Heinse, Heintse, Heinttze, Heinttz, Heintzel, Heinzel, Heinzelmann, Heinzelman, Heintzelmann, Heintzelman, Heynz, Heyntze, Heincze and many more.
Early Notables of the Haintz family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Haintz at this time were Joseph Heintz (or Heinz) the Elder (1564-1609), a Swiss painter, draftsman and architect; Ernst Heintze (died 1630), who became a Chancellor of Bohemia...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Haintz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Haintz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Haintz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Urbanus Haintz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710 
- Wendel Haintz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1767 
- Johan Friederich Haintz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1767 
- Michael Haintz, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1767 
Contemporary Notables of the name Haintz (post 1700) +
- Peter S. Haintz, American Republican politician, Postmaster at Hamburg, Pennsylvania, 1865-77 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html