on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Haid family come from? What is the German Haid family crest and coat of arms? When did the Haid family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Haid family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Heidt, Hiedt, Hagelsheimer, Heidte and others.
First found in Bavaria, where the name Heidt was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Haid research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Haid History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Haid Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Haid Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Jonathan Haid U.E. who settled in Saint John, New Brunswick c. 1784
- Charles Maurice Haid III (b. 1943), American actor and director, best known for his portrayal of Officer Andy Renko in Hill Street Blues
- Harold Augustine "Hal" Haid (1897-1952), American Major League Baseball pitcher in the early 20th century
- Liane Haid (1895-2000), Austrian actress of the 1920s and 1930s
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Haid Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Haid Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 April 2015 at 09:16.
on orders of $85 or more