Hagner History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Hagner family
The surname Hagner was first found in Bohemia, where the name came from emerged from tribal chieftains and gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. From Bohemia the name branched into Nuremberg, Prussia and Winterthur in Switzerland.
Early History of the Hagner family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Hagner research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 160 and 1600 are included under the topic Early Hagner History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hagner Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hegner, Hegener, Heggener, Heggner, Hagner, Hagener and many more.
Early Notables of the Hagner family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Hagner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Hagner migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hagner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mina Hagner, aged 16, who immigrated to the United States from Germany, in 1892
- Mrs. E. Hagner, aged 45, who landed in America, in 1893
- Peter Hagner, aged 10, who immigrated to America, in 1895
- Martin Hagner, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1895
Hagner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marie Hagner, aged 33, who immigrated to the United States, in 1902
- Herman Hagner, aged 26, who landed in America from Manheim, Germany, in 1903
- Julie Hagner, who settled in America, in 1904
- Alajos Hagner, aged 34, who settled in America, in 1904
- Emil Hagner, aged 34, who landed in America from Sachen, in 1904
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Hagner (post 1700) +
- Meredith Hagner (b. 1987), American television actress
- Alexander Burton Hagner (1826-1915), American federal judge from 1879 to 1903
- Nicole Hagner, American Republican politician, Candidate for New Jersey State House of Assembly 27th District, 2011 
- Leonard G. Hagner (b. 1894), American politician, U.S. Attorney for Delaware, 1953-61 
- Alexander Burton Hagner (1826-1915), American politician, Representative from Maryland 5th District, 1859, 1874; Constitutional Union Candidate for Presidential Elector for Maryland, 1860 
- Matthias Hagner (b. 1974), German football player
- Viviane Hagner (b. 1977), German internationally-renowned violinist
Related Stories +