Habicht History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Habicht family
The surname Habicht was first found in Switzerland, where in early times the name Habich came from humble beginnings but later gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the territory's medieval society. It became more prominent as several branches of the family acquired distant estates thereby elevating their social status and position within society.
Early History of the Habicht family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Habicht research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Habicht History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Habicht Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Habich, Habbich, Habiche, Habicht, Habbiche, Habisch, Habbisch, Habig, Habigt, Havecker, Haebich, Haebiche, Hebich, Hebeche, Habick, Habicke, Haebbich, Hebbich, Haebbick, Hebbick, Habicht and many more.
Early Notables of the Habicht family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Habicht Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Habicht migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Habicht Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Heinrich Habicht, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752
- Christian Henrich Habicht, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
Contemporary Notables of the name Habicht (post 1700)
- Brian Habicht, American actor, known for Dennis the Menace Strikes Again! (1998), City of Industry (1997) and Closing Escrow (2007)
- Waltraud Habicht (b. 1935), German actress, known for The Sinful Bed (1973), Die Jubilarin (1969) and Kassensturz (1971)
- Viktor Habicht (1822-1902), German pastor and politician
- Max Habicht (1775-1839), German arabist
- Ludwig Habicht (1830-1908), German writer
- Julius Habicht (1874-1912), German architect
- Christian Habicht (b. 1926), German historian of ancient Greece
- Christian Habicht (1952-2010), German actor
- Florian Habicht (b. 1975), New Zealand Screen Award winning film director, known for Pulp: a Film About Life, Death & Supermarkets (2014), Woodenhead (2003) and Kaikohe Demolition (2004)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)