Gudino History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Gudino developed into a surname independently, from a few sources. It evolved from the Low German word "Gude," meaning "good. " It came from the Frisian word "Gudde." As well as from the German Gut(h), which was used in the Middle Ages to refer to a free man of noble birth.
Early Origins of the Gudino family
The surname Gudino was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. Gude is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region. The earliest instance of the name appears to be of a knight in Upper Alsace in 1251 with the name Guotman. A Herman der Guot is on record in Suz in 1236; and a Gerhard de Guden was on record in Kolberg in 1277.
Early History of the Gudino family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gudino research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1581, 1696, 1730, 1765, 1635, 1689, 1645, 1698, 1684, 1698, 1400 and 1468 are included under the topic Early Gudino History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gudino Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gude, Gudde, Gudenau, Gudentz, Guenus, Güder, Gudiel, Gudin, Guedin, Guchte, Gute, Guten, Guter, Guth, Gutte, Gutteling, Guttenberg, Guettenberg, Guttenberg and many more.
Early Notables of the Gudino family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time included Marquard Gude (1635-1689), a German archaeologist and classical scholar; Johann Gottfried von Guttenberg (1645-1698), Franconian nobleman, Prince-Bishop of Würzburg 1684-1698; and Johann...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Gudino Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Gudino is the 11,540th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Gudino migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Gudino Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso Gudino, who landed in Peru in 1834 
Gudino Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Domenico Gudino, aged 44, who arrived in America from S Ambrosio, in 1906
- Juan Jose Gudino, aged 27, who arrived in America from Guadalajara, Mexico, in 1912
- Giuseppa Gudino, aged 18, who arrived in America from Aidone, Caltanissetta, in 1914
Contemporary Notables of the name Gudino (post 1700) +
- Rodrigo Gudiño, American-born, Canadian director and editor, known for being the founder of the horror magazine and company Rue Morgue
- José de Jesús Gudiño Pelayo (1943-2010), Mexican jurist, Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation
- Alfredo Anaya Gudiño (b. 1950), Mexican politician, Deputy of the LXII Legislature of the Mexican Congress
- Julian Feoli- Gudino (b. 1987), Canadian football wide receiver for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)